Have heard of a lot of fitness experts claiming to shape up your body and make it much fitter in weeks with various exercises. That may be true but if you are looking for a perfect opportunity to shape up your body and life; running is an activity that doesn’t need a fitness trainer and yet gives you all the benefits for a healthier body. There are several reasons that makes this activity change your life provided you become a regular runner. As you opt for regular running soon it will be more of a way of life than a regular activity for you.
Here we are sharing some of the several health benefits that regular running brings along in your lifestyle.
- Best Calorie Burning Activity: Running without any doubt hits right on your calories to make a substantial difference in your weight scale. A 150 pound weighing person can burn more than 800 calories in an hour with continuous running. So if you wish to shed some pounds, running can be your everyday calories burner.
- Makes your Mind Sharper: As you tend to age, your mental awareness and sharpness tends to decline. Many of the aged people complain of memory loss and are seen facing troubles with switching tasks and specifically paying attention. Studies reveal that fitter old aged adults have better scores with memory tests in comparison to those who were less active. Regular running plays a vital role in enhancing your concentration and memory as you age.
- Give your Face a Natural Glow: Running results in a lot of sweat and this sweat enhances natural oils. Natural oils boosts beauty and glow of your body thus resulting in reduced breakouts and clogged pores.
- Makes you More Stable: It has been observed that people who are regular runners show more stability and steadiness. Running gives them more balance however you should ensure that you only do it within limits as overdo can result in running injuries.
- Prevents Blood Pressure: Running is an activity that helps in maintaining a proper level of blood pressure. While running, your arteries expand and contract thus ensuring proper flow of blood.
- Gives you Stronger Bones(Especially Knees): Running is one of the best exercises for building stronger bones. Most of the exercises we do are focused on building muscles and thus health of bones is ignored. But as you will age, you will need your bones to be much healthier than your body muscles. Running improves mass within your bone and thus prevents from age-related bone disorders. It is specially focused on improving your knees by strengthening bones, muscles and joints surrounding your knee area.
- Strengthens your Joints Studies reveal that people who regularly run are less prone to disorders and problems related to joints. Not only running stresses on strengthening of your bones but also makes your muscles and joints stronger.
- Enhances your Stamina: Improved stamina and a more productive workout is observed with people having a habit of regular running. It boosts your stamina and thus you will be able to run on track for a longer duration.
- Reduces Risk of Cancer: Running is one of the exercises that reduces list of certain cancer. Although it is not a treatment but running can prevent from cancers and if you are a sufferer it could improve your quality of life supporting treatment.
- Makes you More Energized: Running increases energy in your body and reduces stress and fatigue thus making you feel fresher.
- Reduces Stress: Suffering from stress? Try a real running on a regular basis that not only boosts your physical health but uplifts your mental well-being too. A regular running routine would improve serotonin levels in your brain thus making you a much calmer person and would fight stress.
- Improves Sleeping Habits: People with a habit of regular running depicts to have good sleeping routine. A good sleep boosts their performance and encourages them to excel in their performance.
- Boosts Confidence: As you begin running, this regular habit would boost your confidence as you will gain enhanced control on your body.
- Makes you Happier: There will be times in life when you will good and there will be times when you feel bad. Running is an exercise that can help you feel better in down times as it boosts happy hormones in your body. Research shows that about 30 minutes of running can relieve anyone from a bad depressing mood in to feeling better and calm condition.
- Gives you Longer Life: Runners are less prone to diseases, disabilities and they are more active and healthier. This physical activity in its lowest frequency can give you a longer life. You can add some healthier years in your life and can actually live longer if you regularly run.
Running as researched not only gives you physical health benefits but it also improves your mental health. It makes you a happier, calmer and relaxed person in all with a healthier and active body. This workout boosts your mind, body, mood, focus and prevents you from a lot of bad health habits too thus keeping your body and mind fit. Running is one of the best ways if you want to stay in shape. So begin running today so that you can reap all the benefits of this exercise that could be done anytime and anywhere.